From:
Ed Bonza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 19:07:36 -0400
Steve,
Sounds like you have a great plan.
Here are some things that would have helped me:
*Check under your cabinets, and I mean get down on the floor, look up under
the cabinet (you know, where your toes go).  In my house there was a small
opening and the ferrets could get UNDER the cabinet ,if you can stick your
fingers under there, then a small ferret can get under the cabinets and you
can't get them out until they want to come out (and they usually don't want
to come out!!).  I had to pry up the bottom of my bathroom cabinet twice
before I learned.  We attached wood under the cabinet so that it covered up
this hole.  Also, make SURE they cannot get to your dryer vent!!!!

*Get another collar.  When they were young my ferrets lost a collar every
other day.  They stick their heads in everything and some things are too
small and their collars come off.  You eventually find the lost one.  But
sometimes it may take a day or two.

Best places to look for lost collars:
1. Shoes!
2. Anywhere else in the closet (even if the closet door was closed)
3. Under the couch
4. Under the bed
5.  IN the bed
And last but not least...  in the cage!

BTW, I use Feline Pine litter.  It works great absorbing odors, it is a
little messy to clean up but it is worth it.

Good luck!!
Tracy

Ed & Tracy Bonza
(Oh, yeah, and Olli, Mowgli, Cody, Krypto, Annie & Pippin. Shew!)