Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 10:41:05 -0400
From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Thank you very much to all that responded to my Friday email for help with
the 1 year old male fert I am sitting thru this evening.

When I wrote the "roommate cannot stand the stench of his urine" I was
quoting the owner, and ass-u-med he is neutered and descented.  From my
observations since 11pm Thursday night thru Monday morning, the urine
doesn't smell, it's the ferret himself:

1.  Cassidy "dribbles" urine, especially when one of my female ferts are
nearby.  My hands are "sticky" after handling him.  I assume this is from
his urine.  (TLE - I don't know what an abnormal urine smell smell's like.
The color is deep yellow, definitely darker than my females' urine.  He is
litterbox trained, so I could not observe color consistency.)

2.  He has a strong odor all over, not a bad smell, just a ferret smell.  In
general, I cannot smell his odor in my home, only when I am holding him or
standing over his cage/blankie.  The litterbox does not smell.

3.  No testicles.  I pressed down on where the testicles should be and it
was "hard." I did the same thing to a different male fert on Saturday and it
was "soft."

4.  No other ferret interaction after Cassidy attacked Gina Thursday night.
To me this aggression was not dominance fighting.  I experience it every
time I "sit" with Chipper and a visiting fert.  Interesting observation -
Chipper is scared of Cassidy, backed up and hissed.  She has been hiding all
weekend, where as other times she sits outside the visiting ferts cage and
glares at him/her.  Whenever Cassidy was out of his cage, he was actively
looking for my two girls, who of course, were in a protected area.

Suggestions you gave me were: Not descented, Protein Imbalance/Lab Workup on
Urine, Incomplete Neuter, Adrenal Tumor, and Urinary Tract Infection.  I
have printed out the email responses, and will be providing her with the
name of a known ferret vet in our area, the FML FAQ, and Pam Grant's food
analysis info/chart.

Any other thoughts before 5pm east coast time are welcomed.