From:
Curtis Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 21:39:39 -0700
Remember my Abby?  She had surgery for insulinoma and hyperplasia of the
adrenal gland about a month ago.  She has been doing well but a new problem
has surfaced this weekend.  Her abdomen has become very rounded.  She
doesn't complain and has even been eating more.  She's gained probably a 100
gms.  in the last couple of days.  I saw her stool on Friday and it was
becoming formed.  I'm planning on calling the vet on Monday but would like
an idea about what I might be dealing with.  I don't feel any masses.  It's
more like ascites.  I'm mixing her food and feeding her with a bottle and
she's taken 5 oz.  today.  The mixture consists of Kitten milk replacer,
baby rice cereal with apples (dried), linatone (1/2 dropper) , pedialyte,
totally ferret, and a very small amount of brewer's yeast.  The vet said to
feed her anything she'll eat.  She does pretty well as long as the KMR is
the main ingredient.  She's also on prednisone and diazoxide 2 x day.  Can
this wait until Monday?  She's had no other problems that I can tell.
Should I take something out of my formula?  If it is ascites can it be from
her disease?  Can it be drained in animals and would it probably come back?

Thanks for all of your help and advice,
Nancy Eyre