From:
"FRITZ, GINA M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 14:07:00 EDT
I have two ferrets that are healthy.  Ones about 3 and the other about 2
years old.  I used to feed them Iams kitten food but I wasn't really
impressed.  (Just my opinion) So I was feeding them a mix of Purina Kitten
chow and Science Diet Kitten formula.  This was working well for a while.
While their coats are in good shape they are a little thin.  I recently had
them to the vet and everything checks out but the vet said they could use a
little weight.

Any suggestions on what I could feed a healthy ferret to fatten them up.  I
read about Duck Soup but it says that is for sick or older ferrets.

Also, it is my understanding that it is not good for the ferrets feet it
they walk around on the metal bottoms in the cages.  I don't know if this is
true or not but I want to a Linoleum store and picked up a scrap piece of
linoleum for about $10.  Its about 6 feet long and about 5 feet wide.  It
will last me forever.  I cut a piece for each floor.  It cleans up nicely
and keeps spills from dripping down each level.

Gina