Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 18:38:30 EDT
From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Everybody...

I have had several folks ask me to post my little ideas [the ones that pan
out that is :)] for others to see the general outlines..  then if interested
I will be glad to answer questions..  this one is for people who aren't
'artsy' or who don't sew or who are on a low budget but like the luxury
things for their woozles..  and/or folks who are thinking ahead to Christmas
and are looking now for ideas for gifts that are nice and can be done at
home..  here is the latest one..  this years winter project...

I have evaluated sleep sacks for months... and come up with a design to be
made at home that takes about 20 min.s, involves NO sewing, is extremely
durable, washes like a dream, can be sterilised, can be used flat or hung
up, can be made to accommodate one tiny fuzzy or twenty big fuzzys, and a
few other features can be added as desired..  and costs about 1/2 of the
cost of the store bought ones in the more modest price range... less than
1/3 of the cost of the really expensive ones.  [since they are made at home
one can choose any colours that person desires and make enough to have
several per speed bump so no one of them is ever needed to be used long
enough to get dirty or have any odour.  Holiday colours and designs can be
used to make them for gifts and the variety of design etc. is endless and
the amount of 'fancy-ness' is just about infinite.  simple and no nonsense
or with name or monogram and elaborate trim.  one option that can easily be
built in or added later is pockets especially designed to hold the 'twist
and they heat' chemical heat packs available in drug stores.  I made some
that way so I could help keep a thin, hurt, sick, or travelling fur child,
very warm and comfortable without having the danger of using an electrical
heating pad of some kind with a fuzzy when I couldn't supervise 100% of the
time.  I have found by putting a shoulder strap attaching system on one I
can take my snow loving fur brat out to play in the white stuff in the
winter and can immediately warm chilled paws and face every few minutes so
the fun can go on much longer than we ever could manage before..  The
biggest drawback to snow sports was the speed with which those little paws
got painfully cold..  the heat packs in the sleep sack rigged for shoulder
carry has the little nut dooking like a frog in a fog bank and dashing over
every little while to hop into the sack and hold the paws on the heated
imitation fur lining right where one of the heat pack pockets is located...
then after a couple of minutes out comes a newly jazzed up wild weasel!

A curious visitor asked me one day what I was making and I was at loss for a
name for a minute..  then it came to me..  'Woozle Warmies for Winter
Weasels' and I have called them that ever since..

Some I line with fleece, some with faux fur, and some with thick brushed
flannel..  You know fuzzys..  each one has a different idea of the 'perfect
material' for THEIR sack..  and being the Fuzzy Addict I am..  I make each
their favourite combination..  Only where my ferrets are concerned am I
reduced to a willing slave..  [sigh] A few kisses, a two minute war dance, a
dook or two, or a snuggle and a sigh and I am putty in their paws..  :D

 Happy Ferreting...

 dayna and the Woozles... :]