Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 06:37:36 -0500
From:
"Joan A. Crawford" <[log in to unmask]>
On Wednesday night, October 16 when I got home (of course 1 1/2 hrs. late)
I met my landlord, he told me he found a little ferret, I asked where it
was, he said in my apartment and sure enough setting on my kitchen cabinet
was this little ferret, my friend in the next complex took it to my apt.,
got Chloe (my ferret) little cage put water and food in it.  I took the
little fella out and it was the sweetest little boy I have ever seen.  He
gave me kisses, did not try to bite, all he wanted was to play.  I called my
shelter and got a phone number of a lady who didn't live far from me and who
work for the shelter, she came, pick him up and would take it to the shelter
on Friday night.  The little boy had been outside for 3 days and 3 nights,
the landlord had seen childrens playing with it so he went and found it in
some brushes, waited for me to come home.  He did not try to bite the
landlord nor my friend, he is a very well trained little boy.  Here is the
sad part, there was 2 little ferrets put outdoor, don't know what happen to
his little sister, I just hope and pray someones found it, took it in and
will give it a good home.  I know who put them out, the people below me,
they were moving, just had a little baby (they have 2 other children) and
his wife told him to get rid of them.  He asked the lady downstair if she
knew anyones who wuld want them, she told him I live upstair, had a ferret
and to ask me but he didn't do it instead he put them out .  I guess he
didn't like it cause someone else had a ferret in the building.  From what I
was told he took very good care of them, took them for walks, when they went
on vacation he always had someone's come in and take care of them.  What I
don't understand how can someones who took just good care of their ferrets
then just turn them out to died and why didn't he come and ask me?  Last
week the temps got down in the 45-50 degrees, I am just happy we found him
when we did.  Mary Van Dahm, owner of F.A.I.R.  will not have trouble
finding him a good home, he is just too sweet.  I wanted to keep him but my
ferret Chloe doesn't like other ferret so knew I couldn't.  He is in good
health just need to get fatten up, he lost lot of weight.  You are always
reading about this on the FML but you never dream it would happen in your
backyard.  We have our Ferret Show in October so I will see how the little
fella is doing.  Every time I go out door I keep looking for his little
sister hoping but it has been a week now and I know I won't find her,
hopeful she is well and happy.

Thanks for listining.  Hugs and Kisses to all little furballs from Chloe.
Joan A. Crawford and Chloe, (the red eye albino Ferret)
Senior Bibliographic Editor
Bibliographic Record Services
1935 North Sheridan Road
Northwestern University Library