Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 08:57:22 -0400
From:
OK, so now I'm caught up on my mail whew!

I would like to thank all the people who have responded to my questions on
Kelsey's condition.  I would like to thank you all personally but there was
just too many to remember.  Ferret people are the best people in the world!
Special thanks to Dr. Williams and his advice.  I'm not sure what Kelsey's
owners will decide to do but I'm happy knowing that they have all the info
they need to make a good decicion.

I would also like to thank all the people who have responded to my request
for food info.  To further the debate, I feel that store bought brands are
probably NOT the best choice for our babys.  When I bought Yoshi as a kit
4yrs ago, I was not properly educated on how to raise a varmit.  As a
result, she was feed low grade food for most of her life.

Now that I have read all the info on suggested nutrient percentages, I have
to think that my baby was malnurished:(.  She is doing better with different
kitten foods, but still won't eat the darker colored foods.  Someone
mentioned that there was a taste difference between light and dark so that
probably explains alot.  Yosh is also a glutton for dairy so she loves
eating kitted formulas.  Which brings up my next question, is there harm in
feeding her kitten formulas because of dairy content?

When I look at our ferrets that were raised on better quality foods, I see a
world of difference between them and our ferrets that are still eating store
brands.  At first I thought this was due to MF new breed of "superferrets",
but further study leads me to belive that food has more to do with it.  (If
anyone wants further clairification, I'll be happy to try to explain myself)

Yes, ferrets can live on Cat Chow and Meow Mix just as humans can live on
Taco Bell and McDonald's.....any poor college student will tell you that.
But shouldn't we be concerned with the quality of our best friends
nutrition?

I have a couple of new food ideas now thanks to you wonderful ferret
friends!  Thanks again for all the advice!

Bido