From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 20:19:26 -0400
Just a short note to let everyone know when I refer to a nippy ferret, I
mean just that, a ferret that will nip (like kits do).  When I say a biter,
I mean a ferret that bites hard!!  They may or may not draw blood but it is
painful.  I know not many make that distinction, but it makes it easier for
me when explaining personalities to potential ferret owners.  I have gotten
several ferrets in the shelter that were BITERS, but with perseverence and
love, have overcome this bad habit.  With nippers, it's only a matter of
time and handling (Melissa, that's what I meant about Easel, glad to hear
it's going mostly ok, hope she learns to like chase as well there as she
liked it here :)).

Bill Killian,
Glad to hear you might be a judge at the upcoming GCFA show!  I would love
to get your opinion on my babies!  Currently I am only planning on showing
one, but you never know :).  I also plan on having a vendors table
(Mid-Michigan Ferrets), so all you FMLers look me up!!  I really like the
idea of pins.  Wasn't someone working on that a while back?  I'd be proud to
show I'm a subscriber!

Here's a question for all you in the Chicago area: I've heard there's quite
a bit of ECE in the area, currently my ferretry is ECE free (knock on
wood!!!) and was wondering if anyone had any special precautions I could
take?  I plan on only letting the judges handle the show ferrets (I assume
they disinfect between ferrets) and will have a spray bottle of disinfectant
for any who would like to handle the available kits.  I plan on using
Disintegrator, it's what we use at work, and I hope it also works for ECE
(it does work on coronavirus, any word from the vets would be appreciated).
If anyone has any other suggestions (other than don't go, I know the risks)
I would appreciate it, either on the FML (I'm sure others going would also
like to know) or you can privately email me at the above address.

Enough for now,
Everyone have a fuzzy day!!!
Tracy and her fabulous furries!

[Moderator's note: See advertising issue 4 for FML stickers.  BIG]