From:
Anna G Ralya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 11:03:48 -0400
Anyone have any experiences with ferrets stealing unusual items?  Cwynn, our
big orangey male, constantly attempts to steal people's fingers if they
smell good --- he will gently but firmly close his mouth around the
delicious digit, and with a dogged, "No hooman bean's gonna stop me!"
expression, backs into the nearest crevice in the room.  If the hooman bean
even dares retract his or her finger away, Cwynn will run after him or her
with an extremely offended expression and attempt to steal the finger yet
again.  =)

Molly, on the other hand, who is a wee little sable not much bigger than a
kit, has a passion for stealing things out of bags: she doesn't steal
anything else (except for empty soda bottles out of the recycling bin), but
everything in a bag (any bag) is fair game: pens, groceries, even large
heavy textbooks, which she has managed, the 1.3+ pound weenie, to drag under
the couch to stash with favorite socks and things the three know we are
currently looking for.

                             Anna G. Ralya

Molly "YES! Mom went grocery shopping again!"
Cwynn "Forget the groceries, grab the finger!"
Obelix "*I* never steal anything, because *I'm* the good ferret in the
family."