From:
Jeb Weisman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1992 10:39:43 -0500
GEnie Pet-Net RT
Wed Apr 01, 1992
P.GRANT6 [Pam/Pet Pals]      at 21:45 EST

 Rochester ferret contact - Eva Martin - 716-865-9061
 Tenn vet - Indian Ridge Animal Hosp, Kingsport, TN 615-378-4753
 Pam
 ---------
Thu Apr 02, 1992
DEFFBAM.MINN [R.S.Sellers]   at 00:30 EST

D.E.F.F.B.A.M. has been holding a running battle of words with NYS Health
Dept. over the several reported ferret attacks on young children and infants
mentioned on their permit to own ferrets.  We have been sending information to
at least one person in the area and would be willing to copy you with any
correspondence.  Just send me an address to mail to.

If is possible I would greatly appreciate a copy of the list of these attacks
on children.  I have been trying to get this information from both the New
York and Minnesota Depts. of Health.  So far all I've been able to get is that
the warning comes from the infamous California Report.  We all know that this
report has been repeatedly and thoroughly discredited as being scientifically
inaccurate, biased, and politically motivated.  But it just won't roll over
and die.

 ---------
Thu Apr 02, 1992
D.VANDENBRO1 [Dav and Fran]  at 22:10 EST

Please post to the mailing list that Tennessee is fine for ferrets. We
lived there for three years, and they are perfectly legal.  You can ffind
them in Nashville pet stores.  I'm afraid we can't recommend a Nashville
vet, though, since we lived 90 miles away in Sewanee.

--Dav