From:
Au Jennifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1992 20:41:52 -0500
Fellow Ferret Fanciers,
  I have made a possibly fatal mistake that I feel absolutely sick about.
I hope someone out there will learn from my stupidity.
   I have a pregnant ferret that is due next week. I thought I'd booster
her immunity against distemper so she could pass it along to the kits through
the placenta and latter the milk. What I didn't know/realize is that the
distemper vaccine I have and ussually give to all my ferrets is the modified
live type. This won't harm the mother but in the fetuses there is a chance
that the virus will activate. If this happens, all the kits may die from the
distemper. I hope someone will learn from my stupidity. If everyone all
ready knew this, then flame away.
         The not so perfect ferret vet to be,
                Jenny Au