From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 00:36:24 -0600
Hello All!  I have a concern.  About a week or so ago I noticed that Boogers
skin on his back looked kind of grey.  However, the skin that all his black
fur is on is always greyish.  His skin everywhere else was pinkish white.

Today I noticed that both he and Tavi are getting in new black fur and
getting ready to shed again.  Tavi has started to shed a little already.
*But* they already shed once this season around the end of August begining
of September.  Could the funkiness of the weather here in central Texas be a
factor or should I take them to the vet and have her check them out?

About the beging of October Booger was very ill.  He was lethargic,
drooling, not eating or drinking and had an enlarged spleen.  The vet said
it was probably an infection so he was on antibiotics and got better.  Could
that have been the begining of something else that is now making him shed
again?

I feel like I'm grasping at straws and that I may be getting worried for
nothing but when he was sick before it really upset me.  And with all the
talk about MF ferrets (which Booger and Tavi are) I think I may be getting
paranoid.  Any thoughts?

On a different note I bought the kids a dog pull toy made of rubber.  It
sort of lloks like this []=[] and is really small.  There's a place for your
hand and a place for thier mouth.  Well, they all love it.  Booger pulls on
it w/ his paws, Tavi grabs it and shakes it to death then stashes it, and
Halo actually pulls on it like a dog.  It only cost about $2 not bad.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and happy ferreting.
Laura and The Troublesome Trio