From:
Rebecca Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 20:05:04 +0100
Well Jitterbug had the operation to remove the blockage, only when they went
in there was no blockage.  When Sneakers (my first ferret)died a year ago,
they did the same thing, only she died very soon after the operation.  I
don't think I will ever let a vet do surgery on an animal again if he
doesn't definitively see something on the x-ray.  This doctor had seen and
felt what turned out to be an enlarged lymph node.  He removed it and sent
it off to be analyzed.  He says the worst case scenario is cancer, the best
a GI infection that caused the swelling of the lymph node.  When he went in
he said everything else looked fine (spleen, kidneys, adrenal, etc) and he
has put her on a very broad spectrum antibiotic till he gets the results
tommorrow.  Things look grim.  Monkey is also at the vet since if it is some
kind of bacteria she probably has it too - although she is very active and
seems healthy other than consistent loose stools.  I've spent a lot of time
crying, praying, and virtually no time sleeping.  I've also got a lot more
people to call tonight so I'd better go.

Please continue to keep Jitterbug and Monkey in your prayers.

Rebecca