From:
"M. Girten" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 13:34:53 -0500
Laura,
Sounds like not only did they give the letters to the DFG to answer, but we
got form letters as well.  The answer you got sounds almost identical to the
one I got.

I'm with you, get a life folks, the idea of a small furry (or feathered)
moving thing being a play-toy I can buy.  But FOOD!, give it a rest.  Both
of ours give the impression that they've seen foods in it's natural
enviroment, a plastic bag.  ;)

Anyway, the letter told about how easy it would be for them to escape, (THAT
part I can buy...), and live and breed in the wild.  Maybe we should give
them some back issues of the FML to read, about how some baby has gotten
loose, and is found just before starving to death.  BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT
HUNTERS!!!  (At least none I've ever met - flame disclaimer) And since most
(and I say that with some reservations), are fixed for pets, how the heck
are they going to breed?

As soon as I calm down, and figure a way to answer their letter without
using any reference to the waste product from a male cow, I'm going to write
the guy they gave me an address for, and fill in some blanks for him.

                        Melvin, Loretta, Bubba, and Brandi