From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 09:30:17 EDT
>Wasn't there once a ferret did a cameo on Star Trek: The Next Generation?
>In "Chains of Command", the two-parter where Pickard gets tortured by the
>Kardassians, in the second part the torturer's daughter shows up with a
>critter in a cage...wasn't that an albino fert with it's fur moussed down?
>Hey! Let's have a contest for "most obscure film-ferret reference"!

Do you ever watch the "Mystery" episodes with Sherlock Holmes in them?  In
the "Sign of the Four" (or is it "The Mark of the Four"...) there is
supposed to be a guy who has a mongoose.  Although it was a brief shot, that
"mongoose" looked like a ferret to me.

In Dr. Who episode "Pyramids of Mars", the Dr. & Sarah Jane are out and
about come across a woodsman's cottage.  In the cottage there is a cage that
Sarah looks into and is going to stick her finger into the cage until the
Dr. tells to be careful because there might be a ferret in the cage.  (She
doesn't stick her finger into the cage.)

In a Babylon-5 episode from this season, Marcus was speaking to Cmdr.
Ivanova and noticed she wasn't really paying attention to him.  So he made
some comment about having badgers in his tousers (or something like that).
And then she said "Or would you perfer ferrets?" (I'm 100% that the B5
newsgroups could give you the exact quote and episode title if you are
curious.)

How are those for obscure fert references!! ;)

-kim, squirt (B5 fan), pippi (Dr. Who fan), atlas (Lost in Space fan),
 and Hijinx (a classic Trek fan - she wants to bite herself a tribble!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.