From:
Gerald West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:02:12 -0400
Hi Fuzzy Friends!
Well, this is my first submission to the FML...what a better way to start
then with a few questions(Yes, thank you!...I do have a copy of the
FAQ...it's a GREAT help)!

As of yet, I do not have a fuzzy buddy...but that will be changed within the
next few weeks!  I have found a sable male who is under a year old(the pet
store is not sure just how old it is)!  The store does not normally deal
with ferrets(it is, ironically, a reptile & rodent establishment) and did
not know that much about the pair they had(the other is an albino male which
was already reserved for someone)!  This worried me, but I am still very
interested in having the sable fellow as a friend.  I held him briefly, but
learned a lot about him in that time.  He was more than happy to be lifted
out of the woodchip-laden aquarium he was being kept in and did not even
suggest a nibbling of fingers.  He also, very intelligently, requested to be
placed back in the aquarium JUST long enough for him to make a poop
trip(which to me suggested that he had a good sense of where he should
poop)!

Unfortunately, there was no litter box for them in the aquarium, so I
couldn't be sure if they were litter-trained or not.  If I did decide to
take this little fellow, at his age, and with there being a question of
whether he is litter-trained or not, would it be any harder to litter-train
him?  I have the strong urge to take him out of his uncomfortable
circumstances and would welcome suggestions and comments!

Thanks much!
-wolvie
|  Wolvie is:  Gerald West    |