Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 16:07:15 +0600
>From:    shanon &/or Mitch <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: disipline help!!!!/good cage
>a good cage for affordable in our opinion is go to Petsmart the have
>something called a cat playpen ...

The Petsmarts around here sell that cage for around $185.  The cat and
ferret versions are identical except for the ramps (or lack of).  Some of
the cat varieties have carpeted shelves and/or different bases (some have
wood/linoleum, some have the ditch, some are totally flat).  They're all
made by Midwest and can be usually bought for a LOT cheaper through mail
order.  Thanks to the recommendations of other FML'ers, I bought my Ferret
Playpen through The Dog's Outfitter for around $112.  The size of the
shelves looked the same for both cages, but the ferret ones had holes to
accommodate the ramps.

Anyway, my point was that Petsmart/PetCare tended to charge rather high
prices for the Midwest cages (cat and ferret).  The last Dog's Outfitter
(800-FOR DOGS) catalog I have showed much lower prices (hoping this is okay
with BIG):

Midwest Model 131...$121.99 (Cat, carpeted benches, wood/linoleum base)
Midwest Model 132....$99.89 (Cat, plastic benches, plastic base)
Midwest Model 133....$74.79 (Half the height of 132, one shelf)
Midwest Model 140...$114.99 (Ferret, same as 132 with ramps & hammock)

Dimensions on 131/132/140 - 36"L x 24"W x 48"H

Fleece/nylon slipcovers for the plastic shelves are $5.69 each or $29.94 for
6.  I've used them in the ferret cage with success except you have to fudge
around with poking ramp holes through them.

Not an employee of TDO, just a satisfied customer, thanks to the FMLers who
recommended them.

   / Chuck Renaud <[log in to unmask]> /
 /    http://shoga.wwa.com/~crenaud/    /