Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 1996 07:13:35 -0700
From:
Modern Ferret Magazine <[log in to unmask]>
>From:    Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
>
>How come WE didn't hear about a free issue of Modern Ferret magazine?

The offer was made in the third advertising issue of the Ferret Mailing List
dated: 12 April 1996.  Since it was purely a commercial post, this seemed
like the appropriate place for it.  It was not hidden in any way.

The idea was to do a one-time test to determine whether seeing the actual
magazine would entice people to subscribe.  Participation required sending
us your address via postal mail before 5/1/96.  This would make it easier
for us to enter the names into our list program for doing a bulk mailing.
It would also prevent us from getting more e-mail than we could handle.

Since our post informing FML readers that the magazine was in the mail
system, we have received several e-mail requests for a free issue.  Since
the mailing has gone out already (bulk mail requires many pieces to be
mailed at the same time) there is no way to add people to the mailing at
this point.

We hope that you will understand that we are not in the business of giving
away stuff all the time - we need to pay for the printing, postage, and
everything else (and possibly, someday, ouselves).  We are two people & four
ferrets, not some faceless megabucks corporation, and we have to be very
careful where we spend the money.  Results (paying orders) and positive
feedback from this mailing will determine whether it was an effective way to
promote the magazine.

Since we are continually increasing distribution into bookstores & pet
stores, it should get easier all the time to locate a copy on the newsstand
and flip through it.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

- Eric, Mary & The Ferrets: Sabrina, Ralph, Marshmallow & Knuks

- Modern Ferret Magazine -

The magazine for ferret lovers.

Mary & Eric Shefferman - The big ferrets
Sabrina, Ralph, Marshmallow, & Knuks - The little ferrets

[log in to unmask]   - Eric
[log in to unmask]          - Mary

http://www.modernferret.com