From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 1996 02:09:47 -0700
As we travel along the road of life, there are many pot holes and bridges
washed out.  It is very tempting to curse the deficiencies, very easy.  It
is harder, but much more satisfying to take the time to fix them.

We have such good examples of how to live life in our
friends/companions/children the ferret people.  They have clarity of
thought, persistence, generally good temperament, and a forgiving nature.
They do not harbor grudges, or call each other names, nor worry about the
future.

We can have such an affinity for and with them as we all are made of the
same stuff, the dust of the stars.  We are all winners of the lottery of
life, we are not rocks nor grass leaves, but sentient beings, with the
ability to stand in awe at the dance of life.  We can all appreciate the
poetry of life if we can only be still long enough to see and hear it.

Life is short enough, just a flash in the journey of the cosmos.  Let us
please remember and be guided by the forces that have drawn us here.  The
common love of and devotion to the ferrets.  All of us have trials many and
forces of distraction.  Let us try to keep them at bay, lest they consume us.

This has been called one of the few joys of the internet news world, for it
having for years a good camaraderie of people helpful to each other toward
the goal of helping our friends/companions/children our ferrets.

Many people will wonder what this is talking about, and that is fine, you
can go on to the next post.

Others will have these words ring home to their feelings of unrest and
wonder what has been happening the past few months.  Please bare with me.

Still others, possibly a few in number, will hear much in these words.  They
may have feelings of hurt, and wonder what went wrong, in reaching out in
good faith, only to have been met with negative forces that leave hurt and
confusion.

Good kind souls, remember we all have times of being over loaded, being
pulled more ways than we can count.  Working more hours than our bodies or
minds can handle.  The forces of "modern" life are often all too heavy a
burden to carry.

Let us please spend some time meditating what it might be like to walk for a
journey in the others' shoes.  If you are met with some curt retort,
remember the other person is probably just as good of heart as you, with
just a load more than can be comfortably carried for a time.

Let us remember what good we have accomplished, how daily people and ferrets
are being helped, and learn from each other so we can better spend our
energies toward accomplishing good, not sniping about the cracks in the
road.  For cracks in the road there might always be, but the time we spend
today on our endeavors will be gone tomorrow, never to be able to be lived
again.  Let us live today well, so it may be a day fondly remembered, not
regretted.

Sincerely, for the love of our ferret children, companions, friends.

                 Gary & the gang of fur ->

        Thru joining, their grief has been transmuted to joy,

        loneliness to celebration...

        ..Data, in "The Tin Man" episode, STNG.