From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 20:52:43 EDT
Bill,

Good Gawd A'mighty!

I just got done typing umpteen replies to letters that have come in today
regarding the wedding and BBQ posts.  You were so right when you said
(paraphrasing now) that disgruntled people seem to write more while other
folks seem to be content to sit back and enjoy things.  How unfortunate it
is that some people (I cannot call them folks) take themselves so seriously
that they fail to see, enjoy, and share the humor and joy of others.

I joined this list becuase it contained many things which appealed to me.  I
had recently beome a part of Tater's joyful life.  Then Odie came to add to
the newfound happiness that Mee Maw and I found in being owned by ferrets.
We cannot adequately express how wonderful it is to feel cold-wet noses in
the middle of the night, to see the look of love in our ferrets' eyes when
we give them loving scritches and loves.

I'll be the first to admit that I am a ham and a hack.  I have, however,
received a wonderful gift that enables me to write in a way that amuses,
instructs and inspires.  In the ways of my Cherokee forefathers, I feel a
responsiblity to share this gift with anyone who might benefit from it.  It
was freely given; therefore I must give it away.  To those of you who find
what I write to be offensive, I say, "Pass over my writings and enthusiasm.
Burn my writings and count coup to your gods, praying that you will never be
threatened by this tired old man again.

Well now, it's getting pretty deep in here.  I'll hush now.  The point I'm
trying to make is that this list is about ferrets and all things related to
them - that includes the folks who are privileged enough to share their
lives with these wonderful beatsties.  We are free to share anything that
relates to to them - whether it be funny stories, questions, concerns,
sorrows, medical problems or whatever.  We all received the guidelines when
we subscribed I find it unfortunate that some people feel the need to
dictate what the rest of us should be allowed to share.  Let's leave that
job to BIG.  IMHO, he's doing a wonderful job.

Well, I just broke the promise I made to so many folks that I would stay out
of the "Wedding and BBQ debate" on the FML.  See there, you can't even trust
Paw Paw.  Sorry.

Many much loves,

A concerned parent.