From:
Christopher Frick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 08:32:22 UT
Hi all, just wanted to bring about some points and ask some questions and
share about things I've been reading on the FML.

About me: I've had my first two ferrets (Chopper-A kissy-face male Siamese,
and Betty-A not so kissy-face (but getting there) ankle-biting Sable female.
Both from MF) since January of this year, have been getting the FML for
about two months, and have posted a couple other times without really
telling y'all about myself (sorry).  Ever since I saw "BeastMaster" (the
first one) with Codo and Podo, I've wanted a fert.  Didn't know much about
them cuz, uh, I'm from the largest FFZ now in existence.  Anyhow, I moved to
Florida to go to school there, and met people who had them, so I researched
for about six months before getting my two fuzzbutts.  Boy was I in for a
big surprise!!

After the shock of those two 'hellians', I was thinking about adding another
to the (wrecking crew?) business, and was wondering if there were any
breeders/shelters in the Central Florida area?  I'm in Daytona Beach, so
Orlando or Melbourne or somewhere within a two hour drive from Daytona would
be perfect.

Anyhow, I wanted to raise some questions about things I've been reading
lately:

About the three who were murdered in NC-According to the authorities that
be, ferret rabies vaccines DO NOT work, yet they are required to get them.
Has anyone considered the fact that the US federal government people have
approved the vaccine, AND that the makers of the vaccine might not be too
happy about the whole thing?  Just a thought, but it would be cool to hear
about some sort of legal action being taken on the part of the manufacturer.

Those of you who posted about things (These are my opinions, and I'm NOT
trying to anger, or to start a flame war!!) like not calling people
"Witches" and not to use the terms "murder" and "martyr" and such with
animals-STOP NIT-PICKING!!  It's annoying.  BTW, if you feel you must flame
me, send it to me, not the list.  (Oh boy, I can see it coming already...:)

"...Now for something completely different..."

Today I noticed something that I have only read about happening to other
people, and thought was extremely funny but never thought it'd happen to
me-Betty has started to steal my socks!!  Along with the other miscelaneous
items under my desk, under my "Zabaton Cage" (one of those wooden 'cage'
type things for keeping pillows and blankets in-along with 'Zabatons'
whatever the hell those are) and in my closet was about fifteen of my
socks!!  I caught her swiping one this afternoon, and laughed so hard it
hurt-the sock was bigger than she was, and in the process of doing so, she'd
trip on it every few steps, stop and get a better grip, run like hell, trip,
etc.  Oh well, now I know where my "lost" laundry is!!

Dooks to all,
Chris, Betty, and Chopper