From:
Eric Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 14:40:40 -0500
Hi, all,

I think this is an old topic (I've seen it discussed here before), but I
can't find it in the FAQ, and I can't remember much about it.

A bit gross, but here goes.... What might cause loose seedy-looking stools?
Not diarrhea, but not very firm either.  They were also slightly lighter in
color than normal (kinda tan-salmon-colored, but didn't really look like
they contained blood).  I feed them 8-in-1, so the stools are usually dark
brown and firm.) I only saw these stools twice (one evening and then the
next morning), then everything looked normal after that.  Aside from the
8-in-1, the only thing they ate in the day or so before that (as far as I
know!) is a couple of raisins and a couple of 8-in-1 Ferretbites
chicken-flavored treats (and perhaps a few orts of Science Diet stolen from
the cat dish!)

I'm not real worried since behavior and eating have been normal (as near as
I can tell with two speedbumps in the same cage; no reason to start
quarantine/isolation yet, as far as I know.) I just remember people
mentioning seedy stools here before and would like to remind myself what
they might be caused by.

Sorry if I'm wasting bandwidth on an old topic.  Replies in private please,
if you feel that posting here would be a further waste of bandwidth.

        Cheers,
                Eric, Murphy, Boo-Boo, Cleo and Sheba