From:
Frank_Bartock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 14:34:29 CST
About two months ago I noticed that Scooter (2 year old Marshal Farms Albino
female) was starting to lose the hair at the tip of her tail.  After about
two weeks she had lost hair on half of her tail... The Vet ran a blood test
and it came back indicating a problem....We elected surgery, the Vet said
that the one adrenal was about twice the normal size so she removed it, she
went on to say was no signs of any tumors and the other gland looked normal.
The biopsey(sp) of the swollen gland showed no abnormalities other than its
size.  Scooter was a real champ through the whole ordeal, She's doing great.
She hasn't lost anymore hair which I take as a positive but I'm still
concerned and alittle confused.  I don't understand how a swollen gland
could be normal and after its removal the hair lose stopped.  I read all the
FAQ's to no avail, also the big question is "did we catch it in time?" has
anyone else had a similar situation, if so what was the final outcome?

Frank