From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 18:39:03 EDT
This really is embarassing!  Many of you have written to me asking, "How you
is, Paw Paw?  Where you been, Old Fert?  Why ain't we heard from you?" Some
have even been kind enough to write nice letters to me and Tater and Odie on
the FML.  Thank you.

Guess I'll just have to told it like it is and hope that folks will
understand.  It seems that I hurt myself at work again.  To quote the Doctor
(please forgive the medical terms), I done tore myself up pretty bad this
time.  In layman's terms, I ruptured the bursa in my right hip.  All this
fancy talk boils down to one word: OUCH!

The only reason I'm sitting here right now and typing this is becuase I got
my hip shot full of antistheic and cortisone this morning and feel a little
better right now.  I hope it lasts.  'Nuff about that.  I will get better.

I really was amazed at the response that was received by Dayna's need for an
air conditioner.  I've said it many times before, will say it again: "You
folks are the BEST!"

When I read that the immediate need had been fulfilled, I wrote to her and
suggested that any excess monies be divided between her, Kelleen, Chere, tle
and anyone else who ran a shelter or rescue and was experiencing finnancial
difficulties.  She wrote back and said that had already been taken care of.
Joy to the World!  I was relieved that I was absolved of having to do
anything further about the matter.  Her final paragraph put a burden upon me
that has haunted me since.  She asked me to say a word to the Big Guy up
there - you know, HIM.  That was no problem for me.  I do it seveeral times
a day.  The problem came when she suggested that I ask the FML at large to
do the same.  Therin lies the rub.

I cannot presume, in my own imperfect knowledge and faith, to dictate what
another person should or should not believe.  I personally believe in the
Great Spirit of my Native American ancestors.  I have been washed in and
saved by the blood of the Lamb.  I have met Buddha and Krishna in my
mediations.  I have met and become the trees of the forest in the traditions
of the Druids.  I have worshipped the Sun God, Ra.  I have also believed in
Nothing at all.

Whew.  Coming up for air for just a moment.  I do tend to ramble on and on
about some things.  I realize that I just lost a whole bunch of folks who
believe in more traditional religions, as well as those who choose to
believe in nothing greater than themselves.  That's OK.  If their beliefs
help them to be better people, to be able to share more love with their
fellow companions in this life, more power to them!  I cannot fault them in
the least.

Geting back to the subject, I ask that each of you stop and take the time to
think a kind thought, wish a good wish, in behalf of all the good folks who
devote their time and energy to the well-being of our brother and sister
critters.  If it is your way, say a prayer for them to the God of your
understanding.  It certainly would not be a bad thing to do so.

I'll hush now.  I promised to keep this short and did not do so, beside the
fact that the novacaine is wearing off.  You may think what you wish about
me.  Please think kindly about, and do what you can, for the folks who
dedicate their lives and energies to making this world better by caring for
our brother and sister creatures.

Many much loves,

Paw Paw