From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 1996 17:20:59 -0700
>Part of my ire comes from the fact that apparently there is/are a person or
>persons on the FML that has elected themselves the "ferret police" and has
>been flaming people for supposed violations of this persons idea of ferret
>care.  I haven't had the joy of being flamed by this person yet but I can
>tell from correspondence and FML posts that that this person or persons has
>struck numerous times.  I highly doubt that CDFA1 is this person but the
>original post "Getting a Ferret in CA" strayed questionably close in my
>opinion.
>criostoir

>[Moderator's note: Note sure what you meant about denying services of the
>FML - I have no problem with any interested party subscribing.  BIG]

Bill, CDFA1 urged all FML "regulars" to deny this person seeking a fert any
info.  In ALL UPPERCASE yet.  This goes waaaaaay beyond the "CDFA cannot
distribute hot-to-get-a-fert info" reasoning that CDFA hid behind after
apparantly a *lot* of people had a problem with the stance, "you don't
deserve 'em unless you fight".

That's what Criostior meant: CDFA1 urged an info blackout for a person based
on their beliefs.