From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 13:03:28 -0800
I've noticed a couple concerns about feeding "flagyl" to ferrets.  This
tablet has a couple other names, "flagyl"-related, which I can't remember.
I myself have had it before and it has a STRONG metallic aftertaste.  I've
given it to my ferrets before and the vet has always put it in small
capsules which will dissolve in their tummies (though if you can't get it
down the first or second time the capsule will melt around the tablet--it
will solidify in a little while).  That way they don't have to taste it, and
it's a lot less trouble.  Just FYI, for those experiencing this rather nasty
medicine.  The capsules apparently come in several sizes, so the smallest is
the best, ferrets aren't very big...

~Minta