Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 12:13:38 EDT
From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Could we please stop discussing scams, frauds, cons and the like and get
back to discussing fuzzies?  I thought Sukie's original post was just fine
and well-intentioned, and reminded us of the importance of being vigilant
and exercising common sense when deciding to donate or support an
organization or individual.

Since that post, however, I think things have gotten slightly out of hand
and feelings are being needlessly hurt.  If someone knows for sure that
animals are being mistreated and/or an organization is being run fraud-
ulently, by all means let us know, and present evidence to back up your
claim.  If you think a retail store/catalog is overcharging, then don't buy
from them.  Don't donate money to anybody you don't trust.  But PLEASE don't
continue to bicker about this and hurt the feelings of others.

I'll get off of my soapbox now ....

- Ela (with Paddington and Scooter ferrets)

[Moderator's note: I do think some feelings were hurt by a couple of posts
and even by my response to one.  I don't see too much bickering, but I do
think the topic isn't contributing anything new... so, yes, it's time to
move on to more productive use, I think.  BIG]