Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 01:29:43 -0400
From:
Steven
If the time of 21 plus days have passed and the 5 ferrets show no signs of
distemper, I would surmise that they won't.  Incubation period is 21 days.
Actually the pet store should have been reported to the USDA-APHIS div.  for
possible canine distemper virus (CDV) exposure.  They would have been put
into quarantine (NO pet sold for at least 21 days) and not permitted to
acquire any other animals into the store until the culmination of the
quarantine time set.  I am appalled that this has not been done.  We had a
similar outbreak of CDV about a year ago (no ferrets involved) where the pet
store owner continued to sell infected pups for almost 8 months until
stopped.  8 of ten pups died during this time.

Rose