From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 17:53:50 -0400
>I know other animals can get upset during storms....

Squeekers saw the FML from a couple of days ago, and told that the post
about storms reminded him of a story that he overheard at the Connecticut
show from one of the FLO members.

Seems that several of them had been out rustlin cattle and they got ta
dookin and talking about why it was that sometimes cows were seen standing
while asleep, and sometimes they preferred to lie down.  Furthermore it
seemed that after a particularly heavy rainstorm with lots of thunder and
lightning, most female cows were on the ground but they had never seen a
male cow lying down.

Ever curious, they decided to find out why this was so and asked several
cows who didn't seem to know either, but pointed them to an old bull
standing some distance away and surrounded by several heifers.

They made their way through the tall grass up to him, and with some
difficulty made their presence known in order to ask their question.

He chewed his cud, thought for a long moment, and finally responded.

"Thunder eh, and strong winds?  Well, I have to tell you..... We Bulls
Wobble, but they don't fall down!!!"

[Moderator's note: Is Bob visiting you today?  BIG]