From:
Christina Cameron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 18:52:56 PDT
Greeting, etc.

I believe it is "Ne Yuawk", "New Yawk" is what the tourists from Boston call
the city.  (Mind you both of these are different from "Lawn Guyland" and we
won't even try Brooklynese.)

None of these dialects stike me as the language the fur-kids are attempting.
Athough if memory serves MF is in NY.  After a long dicussion with my two,
it is my considered opinion that they *may* grow out of some of the more
cryptic euphamisms as they become more familiar with our language and other
ferrets.

Which reminds me, the munchkin and monster want introductions:

Khia is a petite 6.5 year old and posseses an eloquence I've met in only a
few other creatures.  She has brought me through the darkest seasons with a
look, a dance, or a flood of kisses.  (Personally I think she wants to be
the Katherine Hepburn of ferretdom but knows it would be unseemly to say
so.) During 6+ years I've never heard anything resembling a New York accent
from her.  (even living in NY!) Although I've been told to " please stop
being a geek and let me out side now" on several occations.

And then there is Nakkeve (AKA Monster, AKA The Great White Carpet Shark).
The five ton adolescent wonder boy speaks fluent *plant*-- as in BONSAI!!
TIMBER!!  and digdigdigdigdig.  (I'll skip the discussion of his fertilizing
acivities) He dreams of being Rambo (and is not at all modest - although
full of little boy charm) and is currently trying to master flying,
preferably with the end result of landing on the cat.

Speaking of which.........

Be Blessed,
Chryss, Khia ("A pleasure to make your aquantance.")  and Nakkeve (" Get the
cat...get the cat...")