From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:27:37 -0700
Howdy all,
My name is Eden & I've been lurking on the FML for about a year now living
vicariously through all your fuzzy stories*.  but this sunday we finally
adopted a wonderful pair of ferrets (found through the FML) and are happily
being terrorized by...drumroll please... Misha and Lemke

They are 2 boys about 2 years old, both neutered & descented.  Misha is a
dark sable and Lemke is a pale sable.  both are incredibly sweet cuddleable
guys, Misha is the curious & super-active one, Lemke is usually more laid
back but gets into mischief if you're too busy keeping a close eye on Misha.
We gave them one of those rolling balls with the motor inside that change
direction when they bump into anything and the guys just went crazy over it.
Chased it for @ 10 minutes till we put it away.

We're mostly giving them free run of the house (except the kitchen of
course) and so far they are completely nondestructive of furniture, thank
goodness.  They are doing everything in their power to get back into the
fireplace though (we didnt proof it thougroughly enough the first time) they
seem to like rolling in ashes and then walking all over everything ;-> Both
are raisin & banana junkies but interestingly Lemke doesnt care for
Ferretone at all.  Does anyone know if there's a problem feeding them banana
baby food?  Lemke likes to take his treats away & stash them under the bed
or the couch & while that's fine with raisins I dont need to find
decomposing banana under my bed...

Anyway I could dither about them all day but I'll stop taking up bandwidth,
I'm just excited to be among the world of ferret owners again :->

Eden & her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)

*our last ferret, Gracie, died about a year and a half ago & it took us a
long time to be ready for a new ferret in our lives & not just want Gracie
back...

Eden Rain  [log in to unmask]

Go placidly amid the noise & haste, and remember what peace there may be in
silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all
persons. Speak your truth quietly & clearly; and listen to others, even the
dull & ignorant; they too have their story.   -Desiderata