From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 18:14:59 -0700
>From:    Judith Emery <[log in to unmask]>
>Although I would love to do something to really ruin Mr. Kozak's life, I'm
>a bit concerned about the idea of putting a picture of him on the net.

>I work as an archivist for the Government of Ontario and I deal with issues
>of personal privacy every day and have had the implications of releasing
>informaiton about another individual drummed into my head.  If you posted a
>picture on the internet and identified him, he may have legal grounds to
>sue for slander, libel or whatever.  Please check with state laws etc.

Ms. Emory, I'm not a lawyer so my info can't be 100% guaranteed, however:

America takes freedom of the press and freedom of speech far more seriously
than Canada.  There have been several recent cases where Canadians have
traveled south just to get newspapers detailing Canadian court proceedings
that have been silenced by the Canadian gov't, for example.

As long as no terroristic threats accompanied the photo, or anything
recommending an illegal act, I'd be willing to bet that publishing the photo
of a person disliked by a particular group would be perfectly legal - in the
USofA that is.