From:
Morgan Willard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 14:34:59 -0400
Even before reading the horror stories of plastic bags, we have never
allowed our ferrets to play with them because we were concerned that they
might chew on/eat them and because of possible suffocation.  We do give them
the paper grocery bags and they LOVE them.  Looking for new fuzzy toys, I
actually broke down and got one of the krinkly sacks in the cat section.  It
was well worth the expense.  This is now their favorite toy and napping spot
; and best of all, worry free.  I have read that some parents put holes in
the plastic bags, but I'm too afraid to take the chance.  I guess I would
rather put up with a couple of ferret frowns and ankle bites than add
another POSSIBLE danger.  We do try to make sure that all toys are as safe
as possible.  This goes for our cat and three dogs too.  (Yes, I know.  We
are probably way too over-protective).

I also wanted to respond to the post about the cotton ball bags.  The bags
are, of course, a danger, but so are cotton balls.  Ours seem to want to eat
or at least chew on everything they come across and we have to be very
careful to make sure no cotton balls have found their way to the bathroom
floor (cotton ball storage area) :D.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not frowning on anyone or trying to dictate what is
and is not safe for their babies.  These were just my concerns and I thought
I'd share them for anyone interested.

Morgan
Buck and Jake (better known at the Jerky Boys)
Abby, Ren and Baby (the canine ferret toys)
and Possum (the world's fastest cat...ferret trained, of course)