From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:34:57 -0400
Hello all.  Yesterday morning I woke up with two ferrets, and went to bed
with three.  Sebastian and Mortimer claim they made her out of some old
socks and things they had under the bed.  Her name is Mithril, and she's
quite a feisty little furball.  She's the biggest female I ever saw, and
quite beautiful.  The former owners say she's a shaded silver.  What exactly
does that mean?

To the people in Kodiak: Sebastian and Mortimer would like you to stuff one
of them there Kodiak bears into a fedex envelope for them.  They'd like a
better challenge for a play partner than us wimpy people.  (Mithril doesn't
talk to us yet.  Old socks take a while to develop personality.) Seriously,
I spent a couple weeks on Kodiak Island two years ago and how beautiful it
was!  My husband saw bears that summer, but I am glad I didn't.  I was
stranded five days in the city before we could get out to Old Harbor because
of weather, but then later the sun came out and I couldn't believe my eyes!
Wow!  I even have Kodiak pictures on my web page.  Wish I was there right
now.

Anyway, what was I saying?  Oh yeah.  You should be able to get or make some
paniers that should be safe for your fuzzbutts.  I think I've seen them made
of nylon.  You could probably even put in a mesh panel.  I think bicycling
with ferrets sounds like fun.

-Catherine
Mithril "I am not an old pair of socks!"
Mortimer "If she would hold still I'd show her who's boss around here!"
Sebastian "Why do we have to keep taking in these animals?"
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~cshaffer