From:
Richard James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 12:51:01 UT
Brett,

We thought we had finally found a couch that our ferrets couldn't get into,
(the key word here is thought).  Is was firm enough on the top that they
couldn't get in under the cushions, but they finally figured out they could
scratch the fabric (if you want to call it fabric) bottom and make holes to
climb through.  We found some large cardboard boxes and made them flat,
turned the couch over and nailed the cardboard to the bottom of the couch
frame.  So far so good, or maybe it's just a lull.  Anyway if any of you
overhear anything with the FLO about couches and cardboard be sure and let
us know so we can be on the look out!

Ferret screams brought back two very funny incidents with our male Apollo.
He's our mentally or socially challenged ferret.  When he was about 10 weeks
old we gave him his first bath, my daughter was giving him a bath in the
bathroom sink, small sink, fairly slow running water, no plug so it
shouldn't have been a trauma but ... he let out a terrible scream and I ran
in to see if she had dropped him or something.  He just freaked out with the
water and almost gave my daughter (16) a heart attack)!  I know I shouldn't
have but I had to laugh then I hugged and cuddled him.  About a month later
he got another bath, same thing, the scream.  He doesn't mind it any more
but the first two times he had a cow!!!

Vicky