From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 1996 02:49:12 -0000
I am still working on setting up a way to raise funds for an Emergency Fund
for the Shelters.  I hope I have found one which avoids the non-profit/tax
liability/legal liability problems which were brought up when this was
discussed before.  I want to bounce the idea off the good minds of the
people who have expressed interest in working on this (after all, we will
need the checks and balances of having several people reviewing things).
Stay tuned.  I realize that nothing will please everyone or even meet all
needs, but one of the people on the FML works for a company whose business
it is to raise money for charities, and she has what seems to me like a
good plan.