From:
"Lynne K. Fuge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 15:57:37 -0700
Hi.  I was speaking with the lady who runs the local rescue/shelter for
ferrets here in Albuquerque,NM yesterday, I am now an official half-way
home:), anyway, she doesn't have access to the NET and I told her all about
you guys.  I happened to mention that there seemed to be a lot of ferrets
availible for adoption out there, just nowhere near here.  She asked if I
would post the following offer: she has absotutely no ferrets here for
adoption yet, she has over a dozen names of peolpe locally who really want a
ferret.  She has already screened them and approved them as potenial ferret
parents.  She just has nowhere to sent them.  I don't know what any of their
financial situations are, but my guess is if they had enought $100.00 or so
they would go to the pet shops and purchse one by now.  She wanted to know
if anyone would be interested in trying to let one of these homes take a
ferret or two.  Now that vacation time is here, maybe a ride coud be
arranged between the interested parties, also any monitary arrangements
made.  Since this lady doesn't get email, feel free to contact me at my
email address.

I, myself, will be in the south Florida area next month, traveling by air,
and could take an empty carrier or two or three with me if necessary.  I
have a lay-over in St.  Louis.  I've traveled successfully with animals
before.

Here in New Mexico, we not only have a H2O drought, but also a severe
fuzz-butt shortage as well. Send us your fuzzies in need of love.

Thanks,