From:
"Erynn D. Dalton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 11:55:57 -0700
I am brand new to your mailing list and I think it's great!  My name is
Erynn and I am a first-time fuzzie owner; I have two new little girl ferrets
named Sydney and Brizzy (short for Brisbane, both names are cities in lovely
Australia).  Though I live in Arizona, I hope to move there someday.

I have a question, and I couldn't find concrete answers on the FAQ; Brizzy
(who I have had for a week now) has been plagued with diarrhea, usually
light brown, but had one episode of black, tarry diarrhea a couple of nights
ago.  I took her to the vet, and I am bringing in a stool sample today, but
I wanted to hear some possible suggestions from you guys, as I do not have a
lot of confidence in this vet (you would have thought that they would have
told me to bring a stool sample when I first called and told them the
problem and made the initial appt., but they failed to do so).

Please let me know what the problem might be... I have been feeding them
Science Diet (as suggested by the pet store(?) and Brizzy has been alert and
playful, not lethargic at all.  I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions!!

Erynn, Brizzy and Sydney