From:
Melissa Furash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 21:59:59 -0400
Judith asked about portable litter-pans for carrying cases.  We recently
took our two ferrets on a plane and had them both in an under-the-seat
carrier.  As both are around 1.5 lbs they easily fit with room for a
tupperware bread storer as a pan.  To secure the pan drill a hole in two
sides and use a washer/bolt/nut combination.  With the airplane carriers
this is really easy because their sides are ventilated so you only need to
drill through the tupperware and get a large washer.

For the cat carrier we use in the car (trips to grampa's to see the BIG
DOGS) we used a larger tupperware and had to drill through the carrier and
the tupperware.  Even my non-tool using husband could do it in less than
five minutes.

We have also had great success with using carpet tacks to secure plastic
carpet runner to a wooden kiddy gate.  The runner is wide enough that even
my "fly-boy" Percy who loves to jump can't get high enough to climb the
gate.

Melissa ([log in to unmask])
Meeko ("all I want to do is cuddle!!!")
Percy ("Wheeee!! I can FLY!")
Merlin (the much put-upon, pounced-upon, and nibbled-upon dog)