From:
Tanya Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 21:01:20 -0600
I was hoping that someone could give me advice on training my 13 week old
Maisy.  I thought it would be great to teach her to stay on my shoulder for
when we go out.  So far, that hasn't been the difficult part, but she has to
entertain herself and make mischief, as all ferrets are good at!  First, she
plays with my hair - I move it.  Next, she bites my ear - I think she thinks
it's neat because it sticks out.  I tell her no biting, and she licks it and
stick her nose in it!  This isn't what I had in mind.  Will she grow out of
this, or may I as well give up?  :)

Next, does anyone have advice on leash training her?  She wants no part of
this.  She plays with the leash.  Then, when I try to lead her, she lays
down flat with her legs back and lets me drag her around the room.  Won't
really work in the real world.  It just makes me feel like I'm guilty of
ferret abuse!

If anyone at all could help me, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]  Overall,
Maisy has been wonderful!  She's great with biting and wearing her collar
(which only took a week to get her used to it).  She's extremely smart and
sweet.  She'll even give you kisses.  I just love her to death!  She has a
mind of her own, I think that's one of her most adorable qualities, however.
Well, thanks in advance for any replies I get!

Tanya and Maisy