Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:22:44 EST
Greetings fellow ferret fanciers and FLO friends!!  Just a few tidbits
today...

Thanks to all for concerns about Millie, after being plied with KittyMalt -
and didn't she just *hate* that ;) , she finally passed another piece of
fuzzy fabric and is now back to her normal berserk, kissy self.

PawPaw - you, MeeMaw, Tater and Odie will be missed but I look forward to
reading your work!

Australians All - did anyone happen to see "Talk to the Animals" on TV last
night?  They had a ferret owner in Western Australia - some really cute
ferrets and really good publicity.  They showed a kit which got me all
clucky again...perhaps next Spring...sigh...  Anyway, the reason I mention
it is that they said ****FERRETS ARE ILLEGAL IN QUEENSLAND!!!**** I wasn't
aware of that up until I saw the program so perhaps any Queensland FML'ers
might want to make some discreet inquiries...

Ferrets Praying and Speedhumps - Millie is FAR too berserk and hyper to go
in for any of these cute tricks...but Sinbad has them down to a fine art.
Rolling over on her back and giving me those big, melting black eyes is her
favourite trick when I'mm cooking dinner and won't let her climb up my leg
onto the bench...on nice days, we take their cage outside so they can enjoy
the weather and I have often looked out the kitchen window to see her lazing
on her back, looking up at the trees and birds and blue sky and just letting
the world go past...The speedhump is a different story - she doesn't do it
as much since we bought Millie so I guess it must have been partly
boredon...but she sometimes does it when she's tired of playing one game and
is trying to decide what to do next...I call it her 'well whado I do now?'
look...I think that's it, because she also does it when she gets told off
for digging at the carpet, but then the look is like *sheesh, mum, you're NO
fun!!*

Take care all,
Sophie
Millie (Mmmmmm...KittyMalt.....Mmmmmm)
Sinbad (*Actually* i'm pondering deep philolophisophicol...ummm...important
questions...if a raisin falls in the forest...mmmmm...raisins....)