From:
Lorraine Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 22:27:03 -0600
Help!!!!

Because Gord (my fiance) has developed a terrible allergy to our four
Ferrets we must find them a new home.  We are located in Calgary, Alberta,
Canada (Home of the Calgary Stampede).

ABOUT THE FERRETS THEMSELVES ....

Jester: Male, 1.5 years old, loves raisins, excellent litter training - even
better litter digging.  His favorite game involves drowning any object he
can in the water dish.  Creamy undercoat with dark guard hairs (he thinks
he's boss of the ferrets) - roughly 4+ lbs.

Spazz: Male, 1 year old, another raisin addict, fussy about his litter,
likes to put his toys in special corners, may be a bit hard of hearing, used
to be creamy ..  now almost all white with a hint of cream and some dark
hair on his tail.  His favorite game is rolling around in my skirts if I
kneal down too far.  (not too bright, but very playful and loving) -
roughtly 4+ lbs.

Mischief: Female, 3 years old, a bit fussy about her litter too, loves
raisins above all else, a real cuddly little dear, sometimes forgets that
kisses shouldn't include love nips - but has never broken skin.  Her
favorite game is chasing the feather cat toy anywhere.  Albino from head to
tail and looks a lot like a cuddly muff (She knows she's royalty) - roughtly
2 lbs.

Trouble: Female, 3 years old, excellent litter training.  This lady is
houdini in a fur suit - small and fast as the dickens.  If it can be climbed
up, jumped out of or gotten into she'll find the way!  We recommend wearing
Spandex around this lady.  A bit more detached than our other ferrets - also
known to mix in the occasional love nip with her kisses, but not broken skin
to date.  Favorite game is break and enter.  Very silvery toned fur
(definately the mastermind of the group) - roughly 1.5 lbs.

All of our ferrets are de-nipped, are easy to handle (excluding bath time)
and are extremely friendly.  According to their last vet visit they are in
good health.  We have done our best to take good care of them, in fact the
local SPCA workers have complimented us on our general knowledge of ferrets.
Their diet is Iam's kitten food, supplemented with hairball medication and
Linatone (and of course raisins).

WHAT WE ARE ASKING...

In the local press I have asked for $30/ferret (mainly because I want to
encourage only serious adopters) ... however, as their next set of
vaccinations is due I would prefer to receive enough to cover that so that I
can arrange to have that done before they go to their new home.  The shots
will cost roughly $45/ferret and I will provide receipts and proof of
vacination, etc.

WHAT ELSE WE CAN OFFER ...

We only have one set of food dishes, but we have litter boxes galore, some
ferret blankets, sleeping boxes galore, toys and some other odds and ends.
We even have an 8x8 enclosure, but the enclosure is nothing to write home
about.

I would love to send all four to the same home, realistically if I can adopt
them out in pairs I'll be content.

If you are interested please contact me via e-mail A.S.A.P.  I am hoping to
find them a home by either this weekend or the next, and I will gladly hold
them for the "right" person/family.

Lorraine Miller (The broken hearted mommy)