From:
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 22:55:26 -0700
From:    Wendy Godwin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: showing ferrets

Check the newest issue of Modern Ferret - okay that is a blatant plug but it
is part of what your are asking for.  Read it and you'll know what I mean.

I've done a couple of articles for the FML specifically on this topic.  I'll
do more eventually.  My credentials?  I'm a trained licensed AFA judge.  The
training program is normally a year long process.  The standards for bosy
conformation are pretty much the same for all shows.  The names for the
colors differ greatly.  I'll try to look up the issue numbers.

I will answer specific questions either here or through direct email.

If you are in Connecticut- guessing what SOUTHCONN - finger denied - then
there is a show coming up sooner than October.  I think I'm scheduled to
judge alters at this one.

[borrowed from the AFA pages - http://www.ferret.org/afaevent.htm]
NYC Ferret Fiesta
Championship Ferret Show
September 14
White Plains, New York
Sponsor: Big Apple Ferret Assoc.
Sanctioned by the American Ferret Assoc., Inc.
Call: 1-800-FERRET-2

This is one of my favorite shows.  First year my jill won best in show
alter.  Second year one of my kits won a best in show breeder for another
owner - Ellen Byrne.  Brag, brag, brag.  Last year there was a really good
ferret vet conference the next day.  I learned a lot!  Met BIG, Ronnie and
a few others.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]