From:
Marianne Wroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 1996 15:45:39 -0500
hello :(
periscope is still sick, although i am thinking it's not ECE..
here are her symptoms:
a) her weight is down to 1 pound
b) diarhea (was green at first but now brownish) - not a large quantity
of it either
c) occaisonal vomiting (after drinking or eating) although we've been
giving her pepto and that seems to help with the vomiting
d) she will eat soft things (baby food, vanilla formula mixed with pedialyte)
e) personality fairly normal, wants to play, run etc. extra affectionate
   (kisses galore, but i'd rather her be well and biting me!)

i took her to the vet and he gave her barium and took tonz of x-rays which
showed nothing, no blockages or anything.  he gave her a bit of an IV and
prescribed "METRONIDAZEL solution".  (1 cc twice daily).  basically after a
$350 bill (argh) not much was determined.  he thinks she may have swallowed
something poisonous.

cookie and boy blue are doing fine, normal poop, looking well, eating well.

i've isolated periscope and clean her cage constantly, feed her off my
fingers and give pepto, pedialyte and medecine whenever needed.

any advice appreciated asap, my poor baby is withering away to nothing!!

Marianne :<

--marianne------------------http://toronto.ark.com/~marianne