From:
Lea Statler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 04:16:19 -0400
Hi all,

I'm so far behind on FML I don't think I'll ever get caught up, but I'm
trying.

Hestia seems to be doing better.  Thank you all for your help.  I track down
some brewers yeast and bone meal tabes, it took 5 different store, but I
found them.  She is eating a little on her own and tonight she was
interested in the remote for the tv, she hasn't been doing anything except
eating and sleeping since the 8th of this month.  It's going to take a long
time to build her up again.  She is so skinny that I can feel all her bones.
I'm happy that she is starting to get well, but sadden by the fact that
someone let her get in this condition.

New foster critter......I got a call to come and get a young male ferret,
sometime last week.  I grabbed a friend, we drove in to town.  I had told
the guy on the phone that I couldn't pay for the ferret, and that I run a
shelter.  When I got there he told me that he wanted the 107.00 that he had
paid for the ferret, again I told him that I couldn't pay for the ferret.
He told me that he would let it go, if I didn't, I told him that ferrets
can't survive in the wild.  He didn't care.  At this point I saw the cage
and the ferret.  It was filthy (?) there was pop all over the cage and it
smelled.  The food dish was empty and only a little water in the bottle.  I
just couldn't let this little guy stay there!!!  I tried to talk him down,
but he said that 107.00 was what he paid and he had only had the ferret for
a week or so.  As I was writing out the check I asked if the cage was
included and his reply was that it would be 75.00 more.  I put the ferret in
my carrier and told him he could keep the cage, I would just have to clean
it out if I took it.

This little guy is bigger than Charlie, who is 2.5Lbs and 17' long, I
haven't had time to get him to the vet yet, but he is health.  He is also
very affraid of hands, I've been nail at least 5 times in the last week.  He
is a foot bitter as well.  I'm working with him slowly and hopefully he will
learn to trust humans again.  I'm going to adopt him out, only after he has
stop bitting.

Well, it's late and Hestia needs another feeding. :-)

Lea/AirSprite1@ Aol. com