From:
Toni Cantley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 10:38:37 -0400
Bill,
I'm not sure you will want to post this; if not, it's okay.  Maybe this
subject is no longer an issue, but I've been thinking about all the
criticism between posters, and wanted to get my 2 cents worth in.

I've been lurking on the FML for many months now.  I decided to finally
write to you all because of the debate about what is appropriate for
publication.  Since I have been a subscriber, I have picked up lots of
helpful information about the care of my three fuzzies.  I have also
experienced many tears, lots of chuckles, and some angry feelings (re Kozak
and Dayna's various rescues).  But the only posts that really disturb me are
the ones where the writer is criticizing other posters or telling BIG what
HE or SHE thinks should be included in the FML.  I am often amazed at the
venom that spews forth from these posters.  Since I have been subscribing to
the FML, people have complained about these various posts: 1) the amount of
posts about sick fuzzies 2) people who write about the pain of losing their
beloved pets 3) shelters asking for help 4) the light-hearted posts written
by the "ferrets" in baby-talk.  Excuse me, but if we take these all out,
what will be left?  The scientific posts are helpful and interesting; but
what makes this mailing list so special to me is the diversity of the posts.
I hope that it never changes.  So to those unhappy readers I say the same
thing that others here have said; if you don't want to read it, skip over
it.  Just because YOU don't like something, it doesn't meant that others
aren't enjoying it.  Toni