From:
Andy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 17:02:36 -0500
Response to David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
 et alia

>We too feel that we have the gift of bringing joy and levity to a dark
>ferret-death report and medically stagnant FML, which is not to say that
>these issues are not important and informative, but 30 posts a night on
>dying fuzzies and tumors make me depressed, as I'm sure many readers
>will attest to likewise.

We would like to introduce ourselves as Roga Mae & Ali Quid of Redwall.  If
you wish to get technicaly boorish and mundain, it is actually Andy Smith
<[log in to unmask]> our human companion acting on behalf of the characters we
represent, the two very real ferrets in his life who serve to keep him
company and entertain him.  If you wish to be boorish and mundain, then you
are quite deserving of the boorish and mundain life you lead, and question
not your right to *have* ferrets, but of what use they are in such a boorish
and mundain life.

However, if you do *not* wish to live a boorish and mundain life, we are
known on CompuServe WorldsAway as their 'first ferret couple'.  As the real
life Mae & Ali bring joy and love into Andy's life, so we romp around this
virtual community as 'official raisin inspectors' and community commedians.
Part of our humor is that, 'Everybeast knows that ferrets kan't spel.'
Which, of course, is quite correct!  We confuse words to say, 'Greetings and
salivations' in place of 'salutations', and we offer our 'beast wishes' to
everybeast we meet.  We would like to think that any of our WorldsAway
fur-iends would recognize our charm and personality in real life as they
recognize us by Andy's portrayal of us.

In any case, we use the FML to draw on the wider realm of ferret expirence
to communicate our ferret thoughts, ideas and goals as beast as you humans
think you can figure us out.  Then we pepper our ferret talk to communicate
to folks who know *nothing* of us.  We want to communicate positive
expirences to draw from when they happen to come across our species in real
life.  And we *have* changed hearts and minds of folks who were blank
slates, knowing nothing of ferrets except what we have told them, to learn
more on their own apart from us.

In any case, beast wishes from alla us to alla u!

Roga Mae & Ali Quid of Redwall
www.ai2a.net/~redwall/