From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 10:52:00 -0400
Shelly, ferrets can most certainly get urinary tract infections, although
not too easily to my knowledge.

Might I recommend a check with your vet?  I'll tell you why -- almost four
years ago, my 1 y.o.  chocolate mitt kept trying to use the pan every few
minutes and would dribble or drip a bit.  It kept getting worse until she
would be making little crying noises.  We treated her for UTI -- and when
that didn't work found out she had bladder stones!

Bladder stones on a male are a bit more serious than a female, as the stone
can get caught in the urethra of a male and block *anything* from coming out.

I would take Calvin to a vet because he is showing those symptoms, and
because it's usually the males that get stones anyway.

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)
RIP Ian and Elektra