From:
EM McVicar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 12:14:46 -0500
Hi, I have recently become a pet to a 11week old female fert known to all as
Baba.  That being said, I have been her companion for 2 weeks..  and now i'm
worried..  at first she was a plump little thing but now she's growing and
looks a little thin..  I have checked to see she is eating and she is and
she is pooping normally so she can't have an intestinal blockage(i was
woried that may be it in case i hadn't ferretproofed properly).  I have also
noticed that her ear wax seems to have gotten right down near her nose.
Well that's what i assume it is.  I have cleaned her ears twice since i got
her and she has had 2 baths(once a week).

She also has a smal pimple like thing on her nose except it looks like a
wart on the surface.  Are all these things connected?  is she sick and i'm
not realising?.  I'm taking her to the vet next week for her second
distemper shot shouuld i ask him about it?.  OR as ppl have said..  she is
just growing and maybe she has earmites.  From what i have read in the faq
from pam greene earmites show black specks from the ear area.  Baba on the
other hand has this red/brown speckle stuff (like earwax) on her skin from
her head to nose and around the eyes..  I tryed to wipe it away with warm
water and an ear swab but it persists.

Please..  can somone alay my fears..  cause i'm so ferret crazy i would hate
anything to happen to her.

Thanks };)
Adventurers Realm BBS - Sydney, Australia.  ph (02) 809-0999
Full Internet access including SLIP/PPP/Shell, Web, EMail, IRC, FTP.