From:
Wayne Stout/MIS/Corp/Tyson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 13:40:31 -0500
Greetings,

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that responded about the biting
problems with Meeko, both privately and on the FML.  I've tried some of the
suggestions, and they appear to be slowly working.  He still bites, but he's
getting better.  You know, I really feel silly.  I've owned dogs my whole
life, and I've always accepted the fact that puppies like to bite and chew
on things.  It never occurred to me that ferrets could be the same way.
Also, I live in the northwest corner of Arkansas (no jokes, please), and
have noticed a distinct lack of good ferret supplies/information.  Totally
Ferret simply does not exist here.  I've been to the four pet stores that I
know of and cannot find much in the way of ferret supplies.  As a result, my
wife and I are considering starting a small business dealing in quality
ferret and other small animal supplies.

She has also brought up the idea of forming a ferret shelter in the area, as
we are not aware of one here.  My question is, first, is there a ferret
shelter in the general area of NW Arkansas/NE Oklahoma, and second, what all
is involved in setting up a shelter.  I know that it will require an
infinite amount of love and patience for the ferrets, as well as
determination, strength, commitment and perseverance to stick with this day
after day.  I really admire all those out there that are able to do this,
and if we do go this route, I hope that I can do even half as good of a job
that you all do.  If anyone has anyone has any recommendations either for or
against the idea, pleas email me privately ([log in to unmask]), to keep from
cluttering up the FML.  Thanks.

 Wayne and Mirella (humans)
 Meeko and Fester (fuzzies)
 Charro, Sasha, Keeba, and Max (puppies)